Sunday, September 29, 2019

1956 Ford Customline Steering Wheel Problems

Hello, my name is Aaron, I live in Northern California. I have a problem with my 1956 Ford Customline. The steering wheel never stays in place and is very loose. What can I do to solve this problem?



Answers :
The steering wheel must be held in the groove of the shaft by the steering column with a large nut in which the steering wheel fits.
Tightening. If the groove is worn, replace the axle and the steering wheel. If the steering wheel is firmly seated on the axle Inspect the steering gear on the other end for wear and looseness. Fix it or replace it. If it is ok, check the intermediate arms, the relay rods, the tie rods and the ball joints. Replace worn parts. If none of them is defective, repair the wheel bearings. If they are ok, check the control arm bushes and replace worn ones. It's your weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment